With most of the city and province on lock down and extensive pressure put on the importance of social distancing to help flatten the curve, these are some efforts you can do to help protect yourself and your neighbours. Please be mindful that we are all in this together and that while we want to reduce the possibility of any possible spread, we are all part of the Huntsman community which has both young and elderly people; it is vital for all of us to do our part for the safety of everyone.
Cleaning measures have already been adapted
Please note that the Huntsman cleaning staff have been actively taking additional measures for some time now. They include additional sanitation of frequently contacted surfaces with disinfectant as well as frequent hand washing and the use of gloves by our staff to protect themselves. We are doing our best to stay on top of this on the days we are on site cleaning.
What you can do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect your neighbours
- Wash your hands any time you leave your unit (even if it’s to take your garbage to the drop) – when washing, soap and lather for at least 30 seconds; more info on effective hand-washing protocol
- Soap & water has proven to be more effective than hand sanitizes – click for info on how soap kills the virus
- Avoid touching your face as mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth) are how the virus enters your body
- Always cough into your elbow to catch the spray and help prevent the spread of airborne droplets
- Take an active role in also keeping the Huntsman common spaces clean—take a sanitization wipe with you and wipe the elevator buttons and/or door handles if you’re leaving the building
- Maintain at least a 6-foot safe distance from other residents as much as possible
- Reach out to neighbours or people and offer what you can – while also maintaining a safe social distance